12. Borah, S. 2005a: Effect of petroleum oil on biochemical constituents and enzyme activity in kidney and liver tissues of freshwater teleost fish Heteropneustesfossilis (bloch) ., Nat. Env. And Pollut. Tech., vol. 4, No.2, 227-232.
13. Borah, S. 2005b: Changes in Respiratory metabolism in a tropical freshwater fish Heteropneustesfossilis (bloch) due to petroleum crude oil toxicosis., Nat Env. And Pollut. Tech., vol.4, no.3, 469-472.
14. Borah, S. 2006a: Haematological and Respiratory anomalies in the freshwater fish Heteropneustesfossilis (bloch) exposed to crude oil., J. Ecotoxicol and Env. Monit.,16(3),285-289.
15. Borah, S. 2006b: Effect of Pollutants on RNA-DNA Ratio as an index of the stress in the cat fish Heteropneustesfossilis (bloch) , J. Ecotoxicol and Env. Monit. 16(6), 577-580.
16. Hazarika, L.P., Borah, S., Baruah, D and Dutta, R. 2008: Pre dam investigation on the ornamental fishes of down stream of Subansiri River basin. Proceedings of National Seminar onWetlands and Livelihoods, India, pp.158-164, 2008.
17. Borah, S. and Hazarika, L.P. 2009: 2000 MW Lower Subansiri Dam- Prediction of impact on fishes. Seuj. Cinta, News letter of Green Heritage. Volume: V, No.1, 28-31., 2009.
18. Hazarika, L.P., Baruah,D., Bakalial, B., Borah,S. and Dutta, R. 2009: Native aquarium plants and fish culture: Suatainable way for conservation and earning job opportunities for the people of North East-India. Proceeding of the the National Seminar on “Agroforestry for Socioeconomic Development of North Eastern Region’, pp: 94-103. 11th-12th Dec., 2009.
19. Gogoi, M., Baruah,D. and Borah, S. 2011:Impact of flushing sediment and sudden release of excess water from a dam reservoir on the downstream of a tropical river, North EasternIndia.,International Journal of Multidisciplinary Research, Vol.:1(1):72-81.
20.Hazarika, L., Baruah, D., Bakalial, B., Borah, S. and Biswas, S.P. 2011:Dams doomendangered Ganges dolphin and a traditional indigenous knowledge system(TIKS)of human dolphin co-operative fishing in the SubansiriRiver,NE India. Proceeding, National Seminar, Ecological and Socio-economic Consequences of Large Dams,LGC, Lakhimpur,Assam, 86-96
21.Hazarika, L.P. , Bakalial, B., Borah,S. and Biswas, S.P. 2011:Fish diversity and their preferential habitats of Subansiri flood plain in North East India: Hydroelectric Project and conservation needs in L. Kosyging eds. Books on Rivers and streams of NorthEast India: Ecology, Biodiversity and Conservation,pp.151-168, Akash Publishing House, New Delhi, India.
22. Bakalial, B., Borah,S. and Hazarika, L.P. 2011: Ornamental fishes from hill stream channels of Subansiri drainage system of Assam, North east India: Potential for the aquarium fish trade and conservation issues in L. Kosyging eds. Books on Rivers andstreams of North East India: Ecology, Biodiversity and Conservation,pp.143-150, Akash Publishing House, New Delhi,India.
23.Gogoi, M., Baruah,D. and Borah, S. 2011.Impact of flushing sediment and sudden release of excess water from a dam reservoir on the downstream of a tropical river, North Eastern India.,International Journal of Multidisciplinary Research, Vol.:1(1):72-81.
24.Dutta, N.N., Baruah, D. and Borah, S.2011: 2000MW Lower SubansiriHydel Project: An Impending Threat to Ichthyofaunal Diversity of Subansiri Basin Including the BordoibamBillmukh Bird Sanctuary., Indian Journal of Science and Social Science, Vol.1(1):63-69.
25.Baruah,D., Borah,S.,Hazarika, L.P., Dutta,R., Bakalial,B., Biswas, S.P. and Sarma, S.K. 2011: A simple diagnostic tool for measuring river health- example from a tropical snowfed river. Annals of Biological Research, 2(5):432-443
26.Dutta, N.N., Baruah, D. and Borah, S.2011: Diversity, Status and Distribution of Auvifaunain an IBA Site., Indian Journal of Science and Social Science, Vol.1(2):120-124.
27.Bakalial, B., Biswas, S.P., Borah,S. and Hazarika, L.P. 2011: Coldwater hill stream fishes in the down stream of dam progressed Subansiri River in the North-Eastern India Proceeding,National Seminar, Ecological and Socio-economic Consequences of Large Dams, LGC, Lakhimpur,Assam, 129-142.
28.Dutta, N.N., Baruah, D. and Borah, S.2011:Avifaunal diversity in an IBA site of north east India and their conservation, Annals of Biological Research,2 (5) :374-384
29. Baruah, D., Hazarika, L.P., Bakalial, B., Dutta,R. and Biswas, S.P. 2012: A grave danger for the Ganges dolphin (PlatanistagangeticaRoxburgh) in the Subansiri River due to a large hydroelectric project., The Environmentalist, 32:85-90 DOI 10.1007/s10669-011-9375-0
30.Bakalial, B., Borah, S., Hazarika, L.P. and Biswas, S.P. 2012: Lower Subansiri large dam in the Subansiri River may pose threat to sustainability of hill stream fishes and Gangetic Dolphin, Proceeding of the National Seminar on Biodiversity Spectrum of North East India, AryaVidyapith College, Guwahati, Assam,India ,13-20
31.Dutta, N.N.., Borah, S and Baruah, D. 2012: Potential Ornamental Ichthyofauna of BordoibamBilmukh Bird Sanctuary (IBA-site) and implication for conservation, North Eastern India, European Journal of Experimental Biology, 2 (5):1632-1638
33. Dutta, N.N., Baruah, D. And Borah, S.2012: Traditional gears used for capturing and preservation of fish by Mishing community of northern bank of the Brahmaputra River, Assam, India, Science Vision, vol:12(4),152-158
34. Dutta, N.N.., Borah, S and Baruah, D. 2012: Potential Ornamental Ichthyofauna of BordoibamBilmukh Bird Sanctuary (IBA-site) and implication for conservation, North Eastern India, European Journal of Experimental Biology, 2 (5):1632-1638
35.Hazarika, L.P., BaruahDebojit., Borah, S. and Biswas,S. P. and 2014: Diversity
assessment of macroinvertebrates in the dam progressed Subansiri river in the North
Eastern India. International Journal of Fisheries and Aquatic Studies, 2(1):142-
36.Baruah, D. and Borah, S. 2014: Productivity budget in the tailrace of the Subansiri River Before Being Regulated by a Large Dam, Bull. Of Life Science, Vol.XX,44-55,2014.
Title of the Project/ Funding Agency
Status / Amount
STATUS OF COLD WATER HILL STREAM AND ORNAMENTAL FISHES IN THE DOWN STREAM OF RIVER SUBANSIRI BEFORE REGULATED BY 2000 MW HYDEL PROJECT IN THE NORTH EAST INDIA
Project No: F 35-124/207(SR)-2008 -2009 of UGC
IMPACT ASSESSMENT OF THE 2000 MW LOWER SUBANSIRI DAM ON THE DOWN STREAM FLOOD PLAIN ECOLOGICAL ECONOMICS OF SUBANSIRI RIVER
Project no: F42- 990/2013(SR) dated 14-03-2013 of UGC
<svg class="ck ck-icon" viewBox="0 0 16 16"></svg>
|Sl No||Year||Title of the Project/ Funding Agency||Status||Responsibility|
STUDIES ON THE TOXICITIES OF SOME PESTICIDES ON THE BEHAVIOUR, HAEMATOLOGY AND RESPIRATORY RATE OF SOME FRESHWATER FISH.
EFFECT OF SUB - LETHAL CONCENTRATION OF ASSAM PETROLEUM CRUDE OIL AND ITS WATER SOLUBLE FRACTION (WSF) IN THE FRESHWATER FISH ,Clariasbatrachus:A BIOCHEMICAL RESPONSE
Project: no: F-5-170/2003-2004 (MRP/NERO) 1745
ETHNOZOOLOGICAL ASPECTS FAUNAS OF LAKHIMPUR DISTRICT OF ASSAM OF NE INDIA.
Project no: F-5-19/2006-07(MRP/NER) 5243
FISH ECOLOGICAL STUDIES AND ITS APPLICATION IN ASSESSING ECOLOGICAL INTEGRITY OF DAM REGULATED RANGA RIVER IN THE NORTH-EASTERN INDIA”